Monday, October 10, 2005

Shabby but not chic.


The front of the house
Originally uploaded by Trilby.
This is where we spent Columbus Day weekend (geeze, relax, Badger, will ya? It's named for the city in Ohio, OK?)

The picture was taken during a rare moment when it wasn't raining. It poured buckets on Saturday ... and once again, I am not exaggerating for humorous effect. I was running around all day in flip flops, figuring that at least I wouldn't ruin my leather shoes by stepping right smack into the six inch-puddles that were appearing everywhere I looked.

Also, the Red Sox lost three games to the Chicago White Sox. Which sucks more than anything I ever sucked. So I did the only things I could do under the circumstances--drank heavily when I could, and at other times, bought Red Sox stuff. So I now have two of those magnets to stick on my cars, and two baseball caps: a black one with an orange "B" on it for Halloween wear, and a green one with a red "B" on it for the Christmas season.

And no, I'm still not exaggerating for humorous effect. See what I mean about not being chic?

--P.

1 comment:

  1. It looks SO DAMNED Thanksgiving-ish that it makes me want to drive up right now with roasting rack and handfuls of fresh sage and sacks of pecans.

    -J., whose favorite holiday, bar none, is Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.