Monday, November 21, 2005

Borrowing Badger's Meme

I'm feeling unimaginative today and I have to pack and get ready to head to New Hampshire for Thanksgiving, where, upon my arrival, I have to start getting ready to feed 14 people Thanksgiving dinner. So I "borrowed" this from Badger.

8 Firsts.

First Best Friend: Debby H., which lasted from kindergarten to fifth grade.

First Kiss: Oh dear, I can't remember his name, and he was my first "boyfriend." I was 12 or 13 and it was at one of those post-dancing school dances where you're supposed to learn how to behave. I'm sure having a 13 year old boy stick his tongue into the mouth of a 13 year old girl WAS NOT AT ALL WHAT THE ORGANIZERS HAD IN MIND, but whatever. For the record, and in case you think I'm some kind of hussy, I didn't enjoy it.

First Screen Name: The first syllable of my real first name. No, not "Pop."

First Pet: Black cat named Winkie who was there my entire life and died when I was 15. Oh, the crying that ensued.

First Piercing: Ears, and I can't remember how old I was. Maybe 13. I did it myself, following the instructions from a chapter of Louisa May Alcott's Eight Cousins. See? I was always a geek.

First Crush: Matthew P. In fourth grade I paid him a quarter to kiss Debby H., which was how the nine-year-old Poppy expressed devotion. No, I don't understand it either.

First CD: Like Badger, I don't remember. My first vinyl was a Partridge Family single, "I Think I Love You," as sung by David Cassidy. I won it at one of those post-dancing school dances. Probably as a punishment for letting a thirteen year old boy put his tongue in my mouth.

First Car: 1993 Saturn SL2, which, coincidentally enough, is currently sitting in my driveway waiting for the charity to tow its completely dead self away.

7 Lasts.

Last alcoholic beverage: A glass of white wine, last night, which I didn't finish.

Last Car Ride: Yesterday, from Chicago to Winnetka.

Last Kiss: This morning when That Stud Muffin I Married left. Poor thing probably got a mouthful of Elizabeth Arden's Eight Hour Cream. Serves him right for trying to slip me the tongue. If he doesn't watch out, Santa is going to put a David Cassidy album in his stocking.

Last Movie Seen: Capote. And what a repellent specimen of humanity he was.

Last Phone Call: Today, from Fiddledeedee. She was trying to talk me into going to yoga class. Shyeah, right! As frocking if.

Last CD played: Disc number 7 from Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone.

6 Have You Evers.

Have You Ever Dated One Of Your Best Friends: No.

Have You Ever Broken the Law: Yes.

Have You Ever Been Arrested: No.

Have You Ever Skinny Dipped: Yes.

Have You Ever Been in love: Yes.

5 Things.

5 Things You're Wearing: periwinkle cashmere crewneck, jeans, a bra, a pair of underpants and ... nothing. I'm one-fifth naked. Maybe I really am a hussy.

5 Things You Did Yesterday: drank tea, blogged, packed, drove home, watched Three Stooges.

5 Things You Can't Live Without: tea, laptop, son, daughter, Eclipse peppermint chewing gum. Or do you think I should say That Stud Muffin I Married? Well, I was just kidding about the gum, even though it is magically addictive. So here's the real fifth thing: Diet Coke. (Listen, I'm no voyeur. My private life is my business, except when I'm french-kissing on a dance floor. Anyway, he reads my blog. So this will keep him humble. Right, sweetie?)

5 places You've Been: The Max Factor Museum in Los Angeles, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, inside the Statue of Liberty, the Chapel of St. Chapelle in Paris, Canterbury Cathedral in England.

3 People You Can Tell *Almost* Anything To (in no particular order).

1. That Stud Muffin I Married

2. Joke

3. Best friend number 3, the one who goes from 7th grade to the present.

2 Choices.

1. Black or White: black (white is for nurses and brides.)

2. Hot or Cold: hot (if we're talking about beverages and kisses.)

--P.

3 comments:

  1. I always enjoy reading other bloggers' lists. This is a long one, so it certainly took you some time and thinking to do it. Good job! Michele sent me this morning to read your meme.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't remember the ear piercing in "Eight Cousins". I think I just thought it was creepy that Rose was totally going to hook up with one of her cousins (ew) in "Rose in Bloom".

    ReplyDelete
  3. i remember the ear piercings because she used little pieces of silk to keep the holes open, right? and didn't rose pass out?see, poppy, we're ALL geeks. i love that that's how you knew how to pierce your ears.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.