Sunday, February 26, 2006

Paragraphs? We don't need your steenking paragraphs!

Actually, it's more like: we can't keep a coherent thought in our head. In fact, it's pretty safe to say that our brain is mush.

Therefore, instead of writing some sort of reasonably pulled together entry, I'm resorting to numbered lists. Yes, again.

Why My Brain is Mush, by Poppy

1. Too much culture-vulturing this weekend. Romeo and Juliet at the Joffrey Ballet (for those of you keeping score, even though it's an adaptation, guess what? R&J still die.) Saturday night was Purcell's Dido and Aeneas and Dibdin's The Lock at Chicago Opera Theater. No, I'd never heard of Dibdin either. The Lock was almost completely lame, but the Purcell was pretty good. Except what's with all the humping? Why are opera companies always trying to embarrass me?

2. Sister-in-law visited this weekend. Much chatting. Brain = mush.

3. Today was Girl Scout's "Thinking Day." This is a day when Girl Scouts and Girl Guides the world over learn about other cultures. And eat other cultures' food. And, apparently, all do it in the same ballroom in Wilmette, Illinois. My God, it was LOUD. 450 girls + 75 leaders = my brain is mush.

4. I love that Stud Muffin I Married very much, but that is some loud snoring I'm listening to right now. If my brain weren't mush, I wouldn't be able to hear myself think. As I'm not thinking anyway, it doesn't really matter. I still might throw something at him wake him up nicely and ask him politely to stop.

5. On the other hand, I could just go to sleep.

1 comment:

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.