Saturday, October 28, 2006

The Friday Meme (I know it's Saturday. Shut up.)

Via Badger, Blackbird, and Suse.

1. Flip to page 18, paragraph 4 - in the book closest to you right now, what does it say?

The book is The End from A Series of Unfortunate Events. There are no paragraphs on Page 18, which is just so typical of that tedious Lemony Snicket person who should just SHUT UP and tell the goddamned story.

(In case you're wondering, my son must have left the book on my bedside table.)

2. If you stretch out your left arm as far as possible, what are you touching?
My bedside table. I am all about the wireless DSL laptop in bed, man.

3. What's the last program you watched on TV?
How Clean is Your House?

4. Without looking, guess what time it is.
9:00 p.m. Whoops! Silly me. It's 9:00 A.M. Time to get up! No, really. It's time!

"Hurry up, please, it's time."

T. S. Eliot

Damn. Even T. S. Eliot can't get me up.

5. Aside from the computer, what can you hear right now?
A siren, the television going in my son's room, HVAC, my husband blowing his nose. And now the toilet seat just banged down. Aren't you glad you asked?

6. When was the last time you were outside and what did you do?
Last night, coming home from the opera.

7. What are you wearing?
A pair of pink Lilly Pulitzer cotton broadcloth pajamas.

8. Did you dream last night? If you did, what about?
I've been told by people who claim to be dream experts that I dream every night. I'd like them to prove it.

9. When was the last time you laughed?
Last night walking to the apartment door from the elevator.

10. What's on the walls, in the room you're in right now?
Two framed black and white photographs.

11. Have you seen anything strange lately?
A cab driver who didn't pick us up last night was acting very strange. I'm glad we didn't get in his cab OR YOU MIGHT NOT BE READING THIS.

12. What do you think about this meme?
Eh.

13. What's the last film you saw?
Master and Commander.

14. If you became a multimillionaire, what would you do with the money?
Pay off the house, sock some away for the kids' college funds, give a lot to charities, travel, invest, buy myself a shitload of jewelry.

15. Tell us something about yourself that most people don't know.
My husband had to talk me into getting married.

16. If you could change ONE THING in this world, without regarding politics or bad guilt, what would it be?
I would invent a clean, cheap source of energy.

17. Do you like dancing?
Yes. I would rather do it than watch it, except for ballet. Modern dance creeps me out.

18. George Bush?
Cheer up. In only two more years someone better will be on deck.

19. What do you want your children's names to be, girl/boy?
They have them already.

20. Would you ever consider living abroad?
Yes. I owe it to my heritage to discover what my emigrant ancestors were running away from.

21. What do you want God to tell you, when you come to heaven?
"Well done, thou good and faithful servant. Oh, and before I forget--your father is playing piano in that bar over there, and he Me to tell you to get over there as soon as you show up, because he needs a vocalist who can really sing Gershwin."

22. Who should do this meme?
The boys on my links list. Stop stalking me and get to work!

2 comments:

  1. #7 pleases me in that you are always perfectly in character.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok - I am a boy on your blogroll and I did it. Now you have to come and say "Oh!" and stuff so I don't figure I'm talking to myself.

    That would be creepy.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.