Friday, January 05, 2007

The 12 Days of Blogmas: Day 12

Come they told me, pa rum pum pum pum



A new born King to see, pa rum pum pum pum

Stewart Copeland

Our finest gifts we bring, pa rum pum pum pum



To lay before the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,



So to honor Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
When we come.

Max Roach

Little Baby, pa rum pum pum pum

.

I am a poor boy too, pa rum pum pum pum



I have no gift to bring, pa rum pum pum pum
That's fit to give the King, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Charlie Watts

Shall I play for you, pa rum pum pum pum,
On my drum?

Mary nodded, pa rum pum pum pum

Sheila E.

The ox and lamb kept time, pa rum pum pum pum

Maynard G. Krebs

I played my drum for Him, pa rum pum pum pum

Ringo Starr

I played my best for Him, pa rum pum pum pum,
rum pum pum pum, rum pum pum pum,

Then He smiled at me, pa rum pum pum pum
Me and my drum.

Gene krupa

Come, they told me ba rup a bump bum
Our newborn king to see ba rup a bump bum.




And so finally, at long last, the 12th Day of Blogmas draws to an end.

Here are 12 Drummers Drumming ... plus a lagniappe, because I like you.

And now I need to get some sleep; we're leaving in about five hours.

Merry Christmas, Internet.

6 comments:

  1. You did this as a very special gift to Joke, didn't you? I mean, with his favorite carol and all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which one's the lagniappe? Animal? Gilligan? Micky? Ringo?

    Thanks for two Ringos in three days. I'll always be a Ringo girl.

    If you get, like, 400 comments from me here it's all Blogger's fault.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very well done, indeed.

    Did you watch Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story? New Year's Day was a rainy Monday, and I couldn't resist.

    And then to see her, first thing among your drummers... wow! Makes me feel so... Laaaaaa, la, la, la, laaaaa... Close to You...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sarah: Don't forget the little kid from the Partridge Family! But really, I think the lagniappe is Animal.

    Suzanne: Yes! I've seen it! And it's amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and Badger? It just suggested itself. You know, 12 Days, 12 Drummers, Little Drummer Boy ... that Joke is writhing in agony is just a lagniappe.

    And my word verification? Lagniappe.

    OK, kidding about that last one.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.