Wednesday, June 25, 2008

After the hippy wedding

After the wedding party was over, we went back to the hotel. I decided that I needed to at least dip my toes into the Pacific. So my son and I walked down and down the road through innumerable trees to the beach.

100_0853

People were dressed up as blackbird.

100_0856

The water was surprisingly cold.

100_0858

Then we went to the bride and groom's house high in the mountains.

100_0864

There was a big pond with koi. A sauna. A yurt (or some such.) A fountain with a statue of Buddha. A grill. An outdoors heater.

We ate chinese food. Then the younger generation put on a show that combined ballet, modern dance, and sword fighting. Then my children showed off their karate kata. Then the groom did some jujitsu, using a sword festooned with lights.

Then, when it was too dark too see anymore,

100_0865

the groom brought out a guitar. And we sang.

100_0867

And when it was too late to sing anymore, it was time for disco. The ceiling of the converted garage (a/k/a the party room or "the Pleasure Dome") is hung with a disco ball and lots of paper parasols.

100_0869

And there is a laser light show.

100_0872

1 comment:

  1. Those hippies, they turn to punk in an instant.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.