Thursday, October 23, 2008

The downside of artiness

Here's the problem with including pictures: sometimes mine come out pretty bad.

How bad?


"This bad?"



"Just so you know, I'm not eating the microphone."

See, I was trying to catch the wonder that is the 77 year old Carmen Dell Orifice,


but the flash made her look harsh, overly made-up, and gray.

Whereas shooting without a flash left her looking blurry.


Although at least the blurry pictures convey more of her beauty, grace, and sense of fun.

"How do I stay young? Well, for one thing, I have a lot of sex."


Everyone adored her.

It was as if our guardian angel of style had dropped in for lunch.


3 comments:

  1. Jeez. If I make it to 77 I hope I look half as good as your Ms. Carmen does. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's some mighty vivid eye makeup.

    I've never met her but she's always seemed likable, even though I am disinclined to like the metabolically blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The whole time I was scrolling down I was thinking: too much eye make-up!

    That last shot of her in the chair shows the real Ms. Oriface.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.