Friday, April 24, 2009

In spring, a middle-aged housewife's thoughts lightly turn to new blogs to check out

And I suggest these blogs:

A Dress a Day

Dresses! Vintage and new! Cool old patterns that you'll find yourself buying even though you don't sew!

Crafty Carnival

On hiatus at the moment, but such cute things.

Oodles and Oodles

The style is so not me ... I don't do clutter-y collections of vintage stuff. (Except for china, sterling silver shite I can't be bothered to polish, and Official Preppy Handbook tchotkes.) Mostly I consider this an object lesson on why things--like dresser scarves--go out of style.

Brocante Home

I've been stalking following Allison around for years. Love her and her scrumptious, puttery treats.

Celebrate Creativity

Aprons! Thrifting! And believe it or not, this blog could actually get me interested in s-c-r-a-p-b-o-o-k-i-n-g.

And of course--what's a springtime voyeurism without a bit of garden p0rn:

Roses in Gardens

ZMG!!!!!11111!!!!!! You guys! Antique roses! Swoon ...

fairegarden

A Tennessee garden/photography blog designed to make me jellus on so. many. levels.

And since not much is happening around here yet--at least, there are no mouth-watering pictures to show off, unless you're seriously fascinated by buds, I head abroad to Ireland

Organic Growing Pains

to visit an organic community vegetable farm, then to France

Quatre Mains Au Jardin

to admire their peonies and lilacs

and elegant landscaping

Côté Jardin

and April charms

Miss Canthus

and finally ...

down to earth

is so completely inspiring, it actually gets me off my butt to do something about this place. No, really.

So ... what are your current inspirations?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.