I don't do Schmutzie's grace in small things because I did Blog365. I blogged every day for a year, and it made me into a blogging curmudgeon. Basically, nobody can make me do anything, now. Hey, you kids! With your tags and your links and your memes! Get off my lawn!
On the other hand, the following things are making me happy:
1. I bought all new Christmas lights this year because I can't be bothered to find the box with last year's lights carefully stored in it. I just know it would take two days to find them, and half the lights would be broken. Anyway, some of the lights I bought are teeny colored twinkling ones that move to one of a random series of patterns. They are tacky as hell. They probably piss my neighbors off. I LOVE THEM.
2. Because of fire-related time constraints, I'm doing a somewhat minimalist Christmas this year. All presents are being purchased on line; minimal decorations are going up; the tree has literally one-third of its usual ornaments. Turns out I prefer it that way.
3. Last night was our last pre-Christmas concert; my high schooler returned as an alumnus to play cello with his former middle school. It was wonderful to see how happy this made him.
4. I got the Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Seasons 1 - 7, "The Chosen Collection" boxed set for my birthday. It makes folding laundry much, much nicer.
5. We're going to the condo to go through our belongings with the insurance guys this Saturday, which is my husband's birthday. And not last Saturday, which was mine.