Saturday, February 06, 2016

Review: Aveeno Pure Renewal Shampoo and Conditioner





After my terrible experience with Maruala shampoo and conditioner, I headed to the drugstore to buy something to use instead. Because I'm a hair-coloring hoor as well as a Keratin treatment hussy, I was looking for something sulfate-free. I found


Aveeno Active Naturals Pure Renewal Shampoo, 10.5 oz./$6.49


Aveeno's website says it

Effectively removes impurities and is sulfate free.

This shampoo will renew your hair to its naturally healthy, most balanced state with each wash. Infused with the power of balancing ACTIVE NATURALS® Seaweed Extract and naturally derived cleansers, this formula with sulfate-free NATRASURF technology works to lift away impurities without overstripping, helping to rebalance hair's optimal moisture levels, leaving it shiny, healthier looking, and full of life. Safe for color-treated hair.


Of course, I followed the shampoo up with

Aveeno Active Naturals Pure Renewal Conditioner, 10.5 oz./$6.49

Even allowing for the Palm Beach mark-up of about $2.00/bottle, this stuff is cheap. But is it effective?

It is. I did two sudsings of the shampoo, and the second sudsing was just that--mounds and billows of suds straight out of a Luster-Creme ad.

Not Poppy. But not that far off.


The conditioner is creamy and rich, but doesn't weigh my hair down.

And if the marketing blather about seaweed alarms you, be of good cheer. This stuff has a cherry-almond fragrance like a fine bottle of Jergen's lotion.

Two big thumbs up, and my hair is ridiculously grateful.

1 comment:

  1. I saw the Lustre Creme and swooned. MY. FAVORITE. SHAMPOO. From when I was 10, but it made my hair smell delicious and look SO shiny that I even noticed it as a child. That was a great shampoo.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.