Thursday, September 29, 2005

Why I don't need to update my blog.


mossimobag
Originally uploaded by Trilby.
OK, it's been two weeks. But I really don't even need to tell you that, do I? And I don't need to tell you what I've been doing, either, do I? No, I don't.

And I don't need to keep asking rhetorical questions, either, because not only do I already know the answers, so do you.

This is because I have become you.

Want proof? How about this: Like Blackbird, I'm constantly taking pictures with a digital camera.* Like Jasmine, I'm spending a lot of time mooching around Chicago. Like Susie Sunshine, much of this time has been spent in parking garages wondering where the hell my car is.

It gets worse--like Badger, I have just embarked on a long and costly Target run (well, costly for Target, anyway; you could sneeze in a Neiman Marcus and it would cost you what I just spent.) And I was in a state of bliss the whole time. I mean, sure, I told myself I was going there to buy children's birthday presents, but then I was all Halloween paper plates! Yes! Halloween candy! Throw it in the cart! Work out clothes! Sweet! Oooh, hair styling stuff is on sale! And then I found the perfect el cheapo knock off of a Marc Jacobs' bag, so of course I had to buy it. (For those who are interested: actually I bought it in black, or more accurately, a pearly sort of charcoal gray.)

Like Fiddledee, I am a busty, freckly brunette currently taking almost daily yoga classes. And scarily enough, she practically had to kidnap me to get me to start doing it--but I like it. A lot. So not only am I her doppelganger, I have Stockholm Syndrome.

And that's not the scariest part. The scariest part is that like Joke, I just bought two products designed to clean, shine, and generally love up the interior of my car. Yeah, I know--he has car cleaning stuff like I have lipsticks, and two products won't impress him--but frankly, I'm pretty surprised at myself.

So basically, if you're reading this, the chances are I'm going to become you very soon.

--P.

*Unlike Blackbird, I can't get it together to upload them.

5 comments:

  1. DAMN those parking garages. DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL.

    But YAY FOR TARGET! (cute purse too many compartments for me though, I wouldn't be able to find anything.)




    PS. My secret code to be able to post this was MMXMSTTA, which seems like shorthand of a stripper name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes.
    yes, I will admit it.
    I upload.
    I upload fast and well.

    and I have a knock-off purse from target too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hell, I'm just trying to reconcile the twin visions of yoga and Manhattans.

    -Joke

    ReplyDelete
  4. Target is THE place to buy Marc Jacobs knockoff purses. As you now know.

    And here I thought your laptop had just up and died again, or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oooh, girl I don't know if you want to become me right now, as I am so very broke at the moment, "Aunt Flo" is visiting, and did I mention I'm broke? So sad so sad.

    On the bright side, I may take my arse to the MCA this weekend to check out some art for free -- thank you annual membership!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.