Sunday, November 20, 2005

Just say no to Cindy Sheehan.

Sorry, Cindy. I don't need your help. You don't need to add your voice to the chorus of anti-war opinions. You really don't. I'm as much of a leftie-bolshie peacenik bleeding heart Democratic-voting Massachusetts liberal as you can get.* Therefore, as everyone knows, I'm perfectly capable of looking like a fool all by myself.

I mean, can't you just see me--after singing a heart-felt rendition of "Blowing in the Wind" in my Joan Baez-like soprano--out there putting daisies down the barrels of the National Guardsmen's rifles?

So Cindy, you and your crazed fan-girls and boys singing "We Shall Overcome" and speechifying from the witness stand when you're on trial for protesting in front of the White House without a permit? Can just shut up and go away.

This is cold, hard, premeditated media manipulation. It's right up there with the Commander in Chief of the U.S. armed forces donning a flight suit to announce that the United States of America has successfully liberated Iraq. And it pisses me off.

Not to mention that there are probably millions of conservatives out there pointing at the evening news and saying "See? SEE? I told you those liberal dumbasses were full of shit!"

--P.

*Except for the fact that I don't like many of the Kennedys. But don't tell them, OK? They'd be so hurt.

4 comments:

  1. You're fighting it, but that Goldwater gene is coming out.

    If your first grandson is named William Francis Buckley, do not be alarmed.

    -J.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know about that ... I think "Michael Moore Poppy-Joke" has a certain ring to it.

    But I must be getting more conservative. Because recently I read an editorial by Charles Krauthammer, and I agreed with every word he said.

    --P.

    p.s. It was:

    http://www.townhall.com/opinion/columns/charleskrauthammer/2005/11/11/175173.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm here from Michele, this AM...I LOVE Felix more than I can say...but I totally disagree with you about Cindy Sheehan....so, on that note: I'll see you around, some time....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow. The sound you hear is the dowry dropping into the five figures.

    -J.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.