Saturday, February 25, 2006

Bawn and bred in the briah patch

Swiped from Badger:

You Are Boston

Both modern and old school, you never forget your roots.
Well educated and a little snobby, you demand the best.
And quite frankly, you think you are the best.
(You're right.)

Famous people from the Boston area: Poppy, Benjamin Franklin, Samuel Adams, Jack Lemmon, Aerosmith, Oliver Wendell Holmes, Sylvia Plath, The Cars, Jay Leno, Paul Revere, John F. Kennedy, Conan O'Brien, Ben Affleck, Matt Damon, Edgar Allan Poe, and The Red Sox

4 comments:

  1. I was Boston, too. I'm from just outside Philly, but close enough : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poppy, I tried to post this comment on your food blog but wasn't able to. Sorry about leaving it here but I just had to comment about it because it was so funny! I share your perverse interest in the sometimes bizarre recipes found in Junior League cookbooks even though I am a Junior Leaguer! In fact, I often read them just for the pure enjoyment factor alone. Have you ever read Charleston Receipts (the original)? I also love a good old church fundraising and/or community cookbook as well. And from time to time, I will pick up one of the old school "big three" cookbooks like the Joy of Cooking, Fannie Farmer and Doubleday and read it cover to cover when I need a good laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Poppy,

    Your result forgot to mention a certain Housewife *cough* as a famous Bostonian...

    Ha Ha!

    Thanks for letting me squat at your place!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It kept telling me I was Austin when finally it fessed up that I am Los Angeles.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.