Thursday, October 16, 2008

Peeking into the past

When I was at my brother's wedding reception, I discovered that my cousin Tori has gotten interested in genealogy. She's been researching her family tree and uploading her information. So I checked it out.

Imagine my surprise when I saw a picture of my parents I'd never seen before

Here they are with my eldest sister. Isn't my father sharp? And are you as in love with my mother's shoes as I am? I need to find out whether she still has them.

This is a nice article about my great grandfather. He was a physician and his three sons, all physicians, served in the armed forces during World War I.



My mother says she can tell her grandfather wrote the article himself.

And here's my grandfather in his WWI army uniform

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.