Wednesday, December 24, 2008

My Christmas present to myself is--you'll never guess--that's right! A meme!

I was tagged. By Jasmine. And this time, it was on Facebook. Since I don't know how many of you hang out with me on FaceBook, I thought I'd publish it over here, too.

And I don't care if I'm infringing my own copyright or whatever. It's Christmas eve, and there is only so far I'm willing to go with this whole Blog365 thing.

The Rules: Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 17 random things, facts, habits, or goals about you. At the end, choose 17 random people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.


  1. Believe it or not, the fact that I'm doing this meme on Christmas eve means almost nothing.

  2. In case you think I'm a big loser for doing this, my husband just asked me "is it all right if I go watch my Fellowship of the Ring for a while?" And I said sure.

  3. I'm secretly relieved I got so few Christmas cards this year.

  4. I've always been kind of a perfectionist about Christmas.

  5. Guess who gave up perfectionism for an early New Year's resolution?

  6. Except I don't really do New Year's resolutions.

  7. I lost a ton of weight in 2003-04, gained some back, lost more in 2007, gained some back, and am now a blimp.

  8. Maybe I should have New Year's resolutions.

  9. Seriously, when I type I can feel my arm fat move.

  10. blackbird called me up yesterday, and I was really touched.

  11. Instead of sending Christmas cards I would love to just call up my internet friends whom I heart so much. Because I go back with some of you people longer than I do with some of my flesh friends.

  12. Because with some of you it has been 12 years. Can you believe it?

  13. I can't wait to open the package that has my iPhone in it. I hate cell phones and I hate digital cameras, but you know how you feel when you switch from driving stick to driving automatic transmission and your hand flops around uselessly with no gears to shift? That's how it feels to have been without a cell phone for over a month.

  14. I can't decide whether being more relaxed about Christmas is a symptom of something deeper. Like succumbing to utter slothfulness.

  15. Like the window boxes in front of the house. There are two. They're nine feet long. One is cleared of dead plant material and decorated with icicle lights. The other is positively hair with dead plants, and when I checked, last year's strand of lights was broken, so it has no lights. Well, I finally got around to buying a second string of icicle lights. Will I get it together and get them onto the window box? Maybe. By the 27th. In the meantime, I have named the window boxes Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

  16. Also, I was going to bake three kinds of cookies today, and I only baked one. But maybe that's a good thing. See number 7.

  17. My favorite things about Christmas are the music and the decorations, anyway.

3 comments:

  1. Since you didn't tag anyone, should we assume there's no one you want to know more about? Merry Christmas, Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year 2009 !!

    So what's your New Year Resolution (:

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear it all. Merry Xmas, Poppy! I've enjoyed reading you this year.

    FA

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.