Saturday, December 31, 2005

These are a few of our favorite loots

1. That Stud Muffin I Married: I'm not sure, but I think it's the Sudoku booklets Santa tucked into his stocking. Santa is smart, and Santa knows that if Santa hears that something is 1. about numbers and 2. totally addictive, That Stud Muffin Santa Married will looooooove it.

2. Me: I was going to say the boxed set of Wayne's World and Wayne's World II on DVD, but then I remembered that my mother gave me my grandmother's sterling silver tea service. Gorham Fairfax. On a beautiful heavy tray. It's to die for. So that's really number one. I mean, I look at it and I feel "just like Jackie Kennedy."*

But the Wayne's World DVDs come in a close second. For those times when I want to feel just like Tia Carrere. Schwing!

3. Son o' Poppy: Nintendo DS. Duh. It's the only thing he asked Santa for.

4. Popette: Bratz Stylin' Dance Mat. Ditto on the Santa thing, and Santa was having a bitch of a time finding it, since the Bratz Dance Mat apparently had become the Cabbage Patch Kid of the 2000s. Thank Heaven that Stud Muffin Santa Married found it at Wal-Mart on line, thus saving the day, and for all I know, Western Civilization. Because Popette is really NO FUN AT ALL when she's feeling very disappointed. World War III might have ensued.

--P.

*Thanks and a tip of the hat to Alan Sherman.

2 comments:

  1. ah, the DS...
    I don't think I have had a conversation with Youngest in about 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What, praytell, is a Bratz Stylin' Dance Mat?

    As for me (not that anybody asked), my favorite Christmas present came from my roommate: a bunch of ballpoint pens, each printed with the phrase JASMINE DAVILA ROCKS.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.