Saturday, December 31, 2005

It's my obsession.


And I don't really know why.

It's a complete mystery to me.

It combines so many things I don't even like. I mean, I've never liked Coach bags. And I hate logos. And metallic leather? Sucks. And patchwork--I see the term "patchwork" and unless the term is followed immediately by the term "quilt," or "Lilly Pulitzer," I immediately have a vision of those truly ugly retina-destroying enfattening patchwork madras shorts sold by L. L. Bean and worn by grandmothers in Wellesley, Massachusetts.

So--all these fashion trends I don't even like? What could be more perfect and throw-away, over-the-top chic than to combine them into a rich and strange accessory burgoo? Dare I use the term "post-modern?"

Oh GOD, I hate how I'm over-intellectualizing this.

Anyway. I spotted some woman carrying it not long ago. I realized who the maker was right away--duh, it's Coach--and I started searching for it idly one night when I was on line.

Uh oh. It's a limited edition. And? It's SOLD OUT IN STORES.

It will be mine. Oh yes. It will be mine.

--P.

2 comments:

  1. oh the one hand, I am really sorry to say that I quite like it.

    on the other hand, I am pleased that Coach bags are the bags that wealthy 15 year old Tuvalans carry, and so, I cannot.

    whew.

    ebay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got the duffle for Christmas. Like you, I'm not a quilt fan, but I've had TONS of raves about this and I've carried it for 1 week.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.