Sunday, March 05, 2006

Because you just can't get enough of the witty dialogue around here

I was sitting on my bed with my laptop--yes, still--and I heard a sound through the closed bedroom door that was vaguely familiar, if you can call "familiar" a sound that I would describe as "somebody backstage in a teeny tiny theater making thunder noises with very small pieces of metal."

Then I realized that it was the sound of the measuring part of a tape measure being pulled out.

Poppy: I hear measuring going on out there. You're measuring!
That Stud Muffin Poppy Married: Yes, that's right. I'm measuring. I admit it.

(Pause)


Poppy:
So ... would you say you have the normal six inches, or is it more?

OK, now, I knew that was not what he was doing. You see, a while ago, when we first started on this whole "we need an addition" idea, That Stud Muffin I Married bought some CAD software. So, actually, I knew he was measuring to get the numbers to plug into his laptop so he can totally redesign our house. You know, because on the odd Sunday afternoon, while normal guys are fixing hors-d'oeuvres for their Academy Awards™ soirees, my husband, (who I should mention is actually an attorney,) is getting all dressed up in his architect drag.

Which of course, me being me, reminded me irresistibly of a Monty Python sketch where Eric Idle is in drag, so when my husband walked into the bedroom, I quoted Eric Idle and said:

Poppy: My husband's an architect.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.