Wednesday, March 08, 2006

The Good New/The Bad News

I'll start with the good news; I beat my son at chess today.

OK, he's only 10 and just started learning to play in January. FINE. I'm a bit more than ten, but I was an English major, I can't be bothered to balance my checkbook or think logically, and I only started learning to play last week. So fuck you, I'm impressed with myself.

On top of that, I only gloated a little bit. In front of him, that is. But on the internet it's ALL GLOATING, ALL THE TIME. So let me just brag about the way I totally kicked his scrawny fifth grade butt.

In fact, on the strength of this impressive victory, I might enter another Blog Explosion Battle of the Blogs challenge tonight, because who knows? Maybe I'm on a winning streak! And I'll be able to gloat some more! Yay me!

The bad news is that my daughter had to come home sick from school today. Because her stomach hurt. Again. Now, those of you who have been paying attention will remember that we've just gone through this. And since she was just vying for Little Miss Upchuck, 2006 last week, I thought maybe ... just maybe, she was faking it. But the school nurse assures me that there are several strands of stomach bug virus floating around at the moment, and it's very like that LMU has caught a second variety.

So let's keep our fingers crossed that this is a very mild variety of stomach bug, because nobody wants to go through this again, when the memory of last week still sears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.