Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Stupid Contest/Smart Tenant: the update

OK, I have received enough submissions to the idiotic contest I'm running, where if you send me the absolutely least appetizing, most revolting recipe for my other blog, you'll win a signed copy of Jen Lancaster's Bitter is the New Black.

I haven't talked about this fabulous, super-kewl contest lately (even though your submissions were supposed to be in by May 1) (or something like that---hey, it's in my archives, and no, I'm too lazy to check--) because I'm not completely sure how many books I can wangle out of Jen. And I don't want to go around announcing "We have three winners!" and then find out I won't get enough books.

I could pop for the books myself and forge Jen's signature on them, but that would be cheating. Not to mention expensive.

So. Sit tight, all you recipe-card transcribers, until I hear back from Jen. And it might be a while. I have all the time in the world to devote to inanities, but she's a busy woman with a book to promote, OK?

---
If you haven't check out Tabz's blog "Stupid People Shouldn't Breed," you really should. She's got a couple more reviews up ... read these reviews and find out what makes a discerning blog critic leap for joy. Or at least, award her trademark "Rarely Stupid" blog award. Click on the thumbnail over there on the left, and tell her Poppy sent you.

By the way--I'm not brave enough to submit my blog. Are you?

---
I swear, tonight I'm going to have nightmares about French pedicures. The things I do for you people!

1 comment:

  1. ha... I think it's funny you are scared about submitting your blog.

    What's the worst that could happen? *evil grin*

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.