For those of you who are keeping score, it's the fifth day of Christmas, which is also the fifth day of Blogmas. Because I promised myself I'd blog every day of the 12 days.
Day Five finds me in the finals for the following Olympic events (but if I receive a gold medal for any of them, I will be a-frickin-mazed):
1. Picking up all the Christmas loot and stowing it where it should go. Can I beat the current record of eleven hours, 17 minutes and three seconds? Stay tuned.
2. Keeping my temper when members of my family appear to want to shred my peace of mind into microscopically-fine pieces, and then stomp on them.
3. Traveling to Chicago in my husband's company without wanting to kill him (he's a wonderful man, and frankly, I did very well for myself when I married him, but he is a type-A business traveler of the most impatient and anxiety-ridden sort.)
4. Cleaning up from my long-sought-after blue jeans and slippers state into something more suitable for a black tie New Year's Eve celebration with the Jokes;
5. And finally, getting said black tie regalia to zip without recourse to more Spandex than is usually found at spandex central.