1. Bought new washer and dryer at Sears. Not the sex-ay red LC HE model, but the boring white ones.
2. Went to the Kittery Outlets with my sister, who is visiting from Virginia. I needed pillows, so I suggested we go to the Cuddledown outlet. Score! They were having a big pillow sale. Which is good, because I bought eight.
3. Visited the Brooks Brothers outlet to see whether they had boys' clothing, but they don't. While my sister, who is virulently anti-prep, turned celadon green, and finally escaped to the store next door, bought two pairs of jeans for myself and handkerchiefs, underwear, and a tie for my husband.
4. While my sister browsed through the racks at the J. Jill outlet, I, who was turning a pale shade of celadon green because I am so anti-aging hippy, visited the Cosmetics Company outlet next door. Or whatever they call themselves. The Estee Lauder people. Score! My favorite moisturizer, now discontinued, was there. Also some shite you can only buy at the Duty-Free shop, because they don't sell it in the States. So I bought some miraculous anti-brown-spots potions called Cyber White. Because I'm not just white, I'm CYBER WHITE. Also? BOBBI BROWN. Bought awesome two-layer lip and eyeshadow palette; perfect for travel. Susie, Wendy, and Blackbird: spotted that awesome lip gloss palette I have. Let me know if you want one and I'll pick one up for you. It's makeup heaven in there.
5. Went to When Pigs Fly, a local bakery. Bought bread.
6. Tired. Went home. Energized briefly by changing all the pillows and throwing out the really horrible old ones.
7. Too tired to cook. Went to BG's Boat House for dinner. Too tired to deal with lobster shells; got Lazy Man's Lobster for dinner.
8. Then ice cream at the Ice House. Frozen coffee Heath Bar yogurt, to be exact. See how dietetic?