Wednesday, August 22, 2007
What I did on My Summer Vacation
2. Became increasingly frustrated by the old dryer, which came with the house, and must be a teenager, or maybe even 22 or 23 years old, because it decided that it was only going to work when it wanted to.
3. Went to Sears. Bought new washer and dryer.
4. Waited for them to be delivered.
5. And waited.
6. Cleaned out laundry area the morning of the delivery.
This included washing dust and lint off the accumulated detergent bottles. Because I am the Anal-Rententive Housewife.
7. Sat, dreaming my little dreamy dreams, waiting for the delivery guys.
8. And sat. Hummed "Someday My Prince Will Come" from Snow White.
9. Greeted the delivery guys with sobs of joy and a can of WD-40--the traditional welcoming gesture of my tribe.
10. Licked machines all over, but allowed husband to peel off protective plastic stuff.
11. Tenderly placed a load of white sheets into the virginally-clean tub. And then put them into the handsome new dryer, where they were whirled into its hot, strong embrace.
12. Blogged about it.