Wednesday, February 03, 2010

Blissdom is the greatest!

And it hasn't even started yet.

I managed to get to Nashville with no problems. No delayed flights, no crazy winter weather, no long lines at security--it all went incredibly smoothly. I got to the gate so early I had time to buy a box of sushi and an orange for lunch on the plane. I also grabbed a skinny vanilla latte at a Starbucks and headed back to my gate. I had it all--fresh fruit; Vitamin C; sushi; caffeine. What more do I need? Nothing.

And then I passed a chair massage kiosk. "Hmmm," I thought to myself, "I have half an hour until the plane starts to board."

To put the coffee down and sign up for a 15 minute chair massage was, for me, the work of an instant.

Then, upon arriving at my not-the-Opryland hotel, I checked in, discovered I was receiving free high-speed internet service, and headed to the website of the spa at the Opryland hotel to check out the offerings. Whereupon I signed on for an hour-long Swedish massage, manicure, pedicure, shampoo and style. You know--basically, the full-on Jen Lancaster.

I was at the Relache spa for four hours (or was it five?) It. Was. Heaven. Fabulous services, of course, but the ambiance! It's the single nicest spa I've ever been to. I'm up to my ears in cucumber water.

Then, sporting two new shades of nail polish (OPI's Siberian Nights on my fingers and Merry Midnight on my toes) I wandered around the massive Opryland hotel, with its three huge conservatories full of palm trees, orchids, and waterfalls.

At one point I heard a woman giving a speech. I'd heard Sarah Palin was going to be there, and maybe that's who it was. But she didn't sound like Tina Fey, so I didn't bother to get up and check. I was too busy eating my second box of sushi.

Yes, that's two boxes of sushi in a single day. Apparently I really like it.

Now I'm happy and relaxed and INCREDIBLY SLEEPY. I need to go to bed and get some rest, because at some point, there's this blogging conference I need to attend.

2 comments:

  1. This just reminds me that I meant to ask you if you wanted to get together some time to hang out. Mainly so I can bug you about everything you learned (remembered?) at Blissdom. Also because I think we could get sushi and mani/pedis and that would be hilarious. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! Let's do it!

    Sushi and pedis and Jasmine, oh my!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.