Friday, May 21, 2010

I'm not dead yet!

Internet, I have been neglecting you. I'm sorry.

See, my husband is out of town for the next month and I've been crazy busy with the non-profit volunteering crappe AND I got smacked with some kind of virus that landed in my throat, swelled up my tonsils, and generally made me miserable.

So the only blogging I've been doing is Contractually Obligated blogging, like the piece I did on updating your eyebrows for BlogHer, and a couple of posts I did for Mamarazzi, like my Field Guide to Reality Show Skanks.

The rest of the time I've been curled up on the sofa with my collection of Buffy the Vampire Slayer DVDs. I'm almost through with Season 7, which means that I'll soon be blogging again.

Until then, there's something you ought to know. Gargling with a salt water solution every hour really does make your throat feel better!

But it bloats you up like a pregnant lady in her third trimester. I'm just saying.

11 comments:

  1. Hope you're feeling better soon!
    elise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you SWALLOWING the water?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better - cozying up with DVDs just sound too bad, but the gargling - yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think you are supposed to drink the water! Just gargle and spit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You ARE funny. (Sorry, I am aware it's not funny at all being sick but still you manage to make me laugh)

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my way to check out your other writing now...missed you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Feel better soon, Pops. I need another good laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Apparently that means my mother was right about one thing (*wink*)I'm sure you know a makeup fix to camoflage that ;-)
    Feel better soon, Miss Poppy!
    Enjoy the day!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pamper yourself well, Poppy. Then back to the keyboard you go.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh poor Poppy! Hope you feel better soon.

    And try Traditional medicinals throat coat if you can find it.

    Taste good, soothes the throat and no bloating.

    Ü

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tonsilitis is the Devil's Work. Get well soon. The Internet Needs You. x

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.