Friday, February 24, 2023

Whoops, I Did it Again, or, Those Annoying Luxury Sample Bags, Part Deux

 I don't need the internet to keep score; I already know I'm an inconsistent idiot. 

Just the other day, I was ranting about those useless totes that high-end department stores hand out to the suckers (i.e., me) who pop for a certain amount of overpriced cosmetics and fragrances. The old "spend $175 in our beauty department and you'll get this tote bag with yet another travel-sized bottle of that Estée Lauder anti-aging serum you hate!" And I fall for it more times than I'd like to think.

This time I was complaining about the tube of lovely hair serum I'd been using, and how a new tube was going to cost me $65. 

You know where this is heading, right?

I mosey (is that how you spell it--my spell checker approves, but I'm uncertain) over to the Saks Fifth Avenue website to find that they sell the line. Of course they do--Saks is exactly the kind of store that sells bottles of shampoo that cost $50.


So I ordered their shampoo for blonde/silver hair, a shampoo for hair loss (see recent post where I whine about going bald) some conditioner, and the styling serum.  K-ching, k-ching, k-ching.

That entitled me to the tote bag of samples. Here is a picture courtesy of GWP Addict




People, the one I received is massive. It had way more stuff in it than the picture indicates. I won't need to worry about coming up with blog content for a YEAR.


So. much. stuff. 

Oh, and I tried the shampoos and conditioner just now. My hair is glassy smooth and flyaway free! It is also extremely fragrant. 

I liked the way the serum smelled, but using the full line is A LOT. We'll see whether anyone around here notices.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.