Saturday, April 01, 2023

Pasadena pictures

 We’re having so much fun visiting our son in California! 


Dressed for a day of exploring. Regrettably wearing an ancient pair of skinny jeans. I excuse myself because they're not super skinny, but also because I have to keep wearing what I already own while I figure out what to do next. And I can't decide which direction I want to go with my next pairs. All I know is wide-legged and cropped is out. 

Other than that, at least the skinny jeans provide a much-needed relief from the Brooks Brothers, Ralph Lauren, J. Crew and Vineyard Vines. So there's that.

To think I used to rebel against my New England heritage. Not anymore! In the words of Max Bialystok in The Producers, "flaunt it baby, flaunt it!"


The daily spackle: Erborian BB creme, bronzer and blush for a healthy California glow, concealer, brows, lashes, and SPF lip balm.

First stop, Vroman's book store, founded in 1894 and still going strong.


I picked up a copy of Get Shorty, because I love the movie so much. (That's how it works with English majors. Loved the movie? READ THE BOOK.)



I did not pop for Poppy snacks.


Or napkins. Even though, strangely enough, this is my favorite Marimekko pattern of all time.

Next stop, meeting up with the firstborn for lunch.


I know it's difficult to believe he's my offspring, what with the height, slender build, and masses of hair. But I assure you, he is my spawn.


The Prep and the Metalhead after lunch at Green Street Restaurant

Then it was off to the Huntington for a walk through their Botanical Garden. 

 

A bamboo forest

We really enjoyed the desert section.






And we wound up the day at Sage Plant Based Bistro and Brewery, because the Metalhead is vegetarian.




Fried artichoke hearts and Buffalo-style cauliflower "chicken"--both excellent.



Followed by a fried avocado "fish taco."

And so to bed!


















1 comment:

  1. Yummy, that food looks amazing. I like your skinny jeans - if you like 'em, stick with 'em. Get a white pair - I love mine!

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.