Monday, December 31, 2007

And now, a sorbet

Because all the other kids are posting best-of 2007 entries, I will do the same.

Naturally, I'm not egotistical enough to judge the so-called "quality" of my posts myself. So I went with the ones that got the most comments.

In January, 2007, I contemplated arson.

In February, I outed myself as a would-be ass-whupper of vegan, Generation-Z, animal-rights protesters, except where are those wimps when it's cold out? Nowhere to be found.

March found me giving the internet the virtual finger by declaring my hatred for baby lettuce, lattes, and chatty hair stylists, wondering why nobody likes me, saying I'll go eat worms, and mentioning--just in passing, mind you--that my blog numbers are way down. Gee, I wonder why?

In April, I found myself making fun of hippy-ish sentiments AGAIN, this time in the form of bumper stickers that annoy the crap out of me.

In May, I revealed myself as an anti-foot-fetishist.

In June, I decided to tell people that I am my husband's trophy wife. (And as long as he's not around, looking cute and adorable and much younger than I am, they'll have to believe me.)

In July, me and a lot of other female bloggers congregated on Navy Pier for BlogHer07, and when I mentioned that the panels sucked? One of the organizers blessed my blog with a comment.

In August, I was sincere.

I made up for it in September, when I live-blogged Britney Spear's "comeback" performance at the MTV Video Awards, thus insuring that my sarcastic remarks made it onto the internet before Perez Hilton knew what was happening.

Because of this, in October, I almost lost custody of my laptop.

In November, I partook in the madness that is NaBloPoMo. My theme for the month was weight loss, and I actually posted my weight, which left my readers riveted, if somewhat perturbed by the mental image I wouldn't stop conjuring up.

In December we moved back into our house after a three month period of kitchen-and-bathroom remodeling. I also performed very much music, both pop and Classical, to great acclaim. But did the Internet care? No, it did not. What the Internet liked was the Uncredited Google Images meme thingie.

And that explains why the internet has been stuck with enjoying Uncredited Google Images for what feels like weeks, but in fact, has only been seven days (of Christmas).

2 comments:

  1. and a very, very happy 2008 to you and yours my dear Poppy. I'm so glad to have met you. Hope we can continue to "hang out together" through the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And may you do more of the same in 2008.

    Else I'll be all on my lonesome with the whinging thing.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.