Monday, April 21, 2008

Yet another way to have fun waste time on the internet: genealogy

Guess whose daughter is doing a school project on Louisa May Alcott?
Guess who just happens to know that May was Alcott's mother's maiden name?
Guess whose grandmother's maiden name was May?
Guess who knows that both her grandmother and Abba May Alcott were from Massachusetts?
Guess who has been doing on-line genealogical research until her eyes are rolling back in her head?

If you guessed Poppy Buxom, you are right. And you deserve a prize.

Please bear with me while I think of a dirt-cheap prize to offer, since otherwise, the hundreds of people who will get this right will bankrupt me.

3 comments:

  1. OH Poppie! I was bitten by the genealogy bug back when the internet first came around! It is ADDICTIVE. Fortunately, I take it in "fits and spurts". Many "lost" weekends, up till all hours pouring through online records. And then I won't pick it up again for months. I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My sister-in-law is into genealogy. Why is it that anyone who has any English ancestors whatsoever manages to trace their line back to William the Conqueror? That guy sure got around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why is it that anyone who has any English ancestors whatsoever manages to trace their line back to William the Conqueror?

    It makes us feel better about our teeth.

    ReplyDelete

Gentle Readers:

For the time being, I have turned off comment moderation. Please don't spam; it's not nice.

xxx, Poppy.