Yes, it was definitely sunnier. And the day was lasting longer. And the ice ... was it actually melting?
Time to get back to de-junking.
This morning a guy drove up in a truck from one of the local church rummage sales and took the following:
- an art deco mahogany bar
- a mid-century teak desk
- a white wicker computer hutch with matching desk chair
- an arm chair
Then the guy from FreeCycle showed up and took:
- two old air-conditioners
Then I got busy in the basement and threw out two trash bags of crap. And two or three brown paper grocery bags of recyclable paper.
On Thursday another guy is coming to take away:
- the big-ass giant air conditioning unit that used to uglify the dining room window.
Next Tuesday I'm going to fill up the back of my smoking hot minivan and drive to Oak Park, IL, where the 19th Century Club is generously accepting donations of any old computer crap I want to donate. They will be getting:
- my son's old IBM desktop and printer
- my old Mac Centris and printer
- my old Mac iBook
- my old Hewlett Packard laptop
- probably a couple of other old Macs down in the basement but I'm skeered to go count them
- assorted peripherals and cables
Now if I could just stay away from the Pepperidge Farm Bordeaux cookies--by far the single greatest cookie known to mankind--this would be a lose/lose situation.
Instead of a lose/gain situation.
Still, my front porch is looking remarkably less like the set for Sanford and Son. And my basement has a lot less junk in its trunk.
If only I did.